Nominate A Police Hero: Police Services Hero of the Year Awards
February 1, 2024
Tell us about a police services hero making a difference in your community
The Police Association of Ontario’s annual Police Services Hero of the Year Awards are back. Now in its ninth year, we’re calling on Ontarians to recognize the exceptional police & civilian personnel for the work they do on behalf of their communities.
Who We’re Looking For
You can nominate your police hero in the following categories:
- On-Duty Difference Maker – Uniform Officer (A police officer who has gone above and beyond the expectations of the job while on-duty)
- On-Duty Difference Maker – Civilian Police Service Employee (A civilian police service employee who has gone above and beyond the expectations of the job while on-duty)
- The Extra Mile Award (A police officer or civilian police service employee who has done a one-time, extraordinary act of kindness or bravery while off the job)
- Community Role Model (A police officer or civilian police service employee who, in their free time, has made a notable difference in or contribution to their community over a prolonged period)
- Police Hero Honour Roll Award (Pays homage to a police officer or civilian police service employee who has made a significant impact over the past decade)
How to Nominate
- Fill out the nomination form here.
- Or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter directly.
- Include a paragraph about why you are nominating them and how they are making a difference.
Submissions will be reviewed by the PAO Awards Committee, and winners will be announced at our Annual General Meeting in May 2024.