Monday, March 1 |9:00a – Tuesday, March 2 |2:00p
The 30th Annual Employment Conference is being held virtually on Monday, March 1 and Tuesday, March 2.
This preeminent conference on police labour relations will provide answers to your questions about emerging workplace issues. As labour relations in the police sector are constantly changing, police association executives, service boards, chiefs, and managers need to be aware of the latest trends to do their jobs effectively.
Conference attendees can expect to hear comprehensive updates on crucial issues in the police employment world from the perspectives of associations, management and neutral expert speakers. Topics will include:
- COVID-19: A comprehensive round-up of key issues in policing and lessons from the pandemic
- Unpaid leave or sick leave
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Human rights issues and accommodation, including disability, family status, and perceived disability
- Systemic discrimination in policing employment – what are the lessons to be learned from recent litigation, investigations, and reports?
- Association activity and police discipline
- Collective bargaining in 2021
- And more!
The conference agenda can be downloaded here. Please note – speakers and times are subject to change.
The registration process has changed for 2021’s virtual conference. This year, each organization will register and be charged one fee per group of 10 attendees. Please note – police associations, services, service boards and retained legal counsel are all considered separate organizations from one another and must register separately. You will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of up to a maximum of 10 attendees for each registration from your organization. Should you have more than 10 individuals to attend, you will need to register multiple times (e.g. if you have 18 attendees, please register once for the first 10 and a second time for the next 8). The PAO will be sending the virtual meeting link, instructions and materials in advance to all who have registered with an email address.
Should you have any questions, please contact PAO Executive Assistant Heather Gregoire at email@example.com
Registration is now closed.