- This event has passed.
2020 Employment Conference
Monday, March 2, 2020 – Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Venue: Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
The PAO is sponsoring the 29th Annual Police Employment Conference being held at the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel from March 2-3, 2020.
Don’t miss this preeminent conference on police labour relations where your questions about emerging workplace issues will be answered. Labour relations in the police sector are constantly changing. Police association executives, service boards, chiefs, and managers need to be aware of the latest trends to do their jobs effectively.
The 2020 Employment Conference will provide you with comprehensive updates on crucial issues in the police employment world from the perspectives of associations, management and neutral experts. Many current hot topics will be covered, such as:
- The latest decisions dealing with human rights, including an answer to the pressing question: are police discipline tribunals getting addiction and PTSD wrong?
- Legal updates on the latest collective agreement issues, including whether or not a municipality (or anyone else) can use pay duty work to perform routine patrol
- An opportunity to put yourself in the arbitrator’s shoes and make decisions that require you to draw the line between joking around and harassment
- An important review of the changing landscape of what can be bargained and arbitrated and what can’t, including LTD, WSIB, and bullying
- And pending changes to the Police Services Act that every employer and Association needs to know about.
You can download the Conference Agenda here. Please note, agenda topics, speakers, and times are subject to change without notice.
Please note – Registration is now closed.
Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel & Suites – 9005 Leslie St. Richmond Hill, ON
- Room Rate: Single Room – $162/night
- Block of rooms held under: Police Association of Ontario
Hotel booking deadline for the PAO block of rooms: January 30, 2020. We cannot guarantee rooms after the room block deadline.
Conference materials will be emailed to all registrants via Dropbox ahead of time. Please note – if you are registering multiple people, you will need to register one person at a time using a valid and unique email address for each person.
Cancellations within 30 days are non-refundable. Registrations are transferable to other members.