Mental Health and Wellness Resources
The mental health and wellness of Ontario’s police personnel is vital. We need to ensure those who help others get the help they need, when they need it. If you are a police officer or civilian police services employee who feels they need assistance, or you know one who might require support, please do not hesitate to contact your local police association or confidentially reach out to one of the resources listed below.
- Badge of Life Canada – Tel: 1.519.377.6959 | Email: email@example.com
Peer supporting police and corrections personnel who are dealing with psychological injuries diagnosed from service.
++ Free virtual Zoom sessions are held on Mondays at 7:00 pm EST available to all first responders. The supportive sessions are delivered with a psychoeducational component facilitated within a peer structured environment by licensed professionals, chaplains and positive-lived experience individuals.
- BEACON Digital Therapy
Digital therapy option that is personalized and guided by a registered mental health professional.
- Boots on the Ground – Tel: 1.833.677.2668
Anonymous 24/7 peer support for first responders.
- Canadian Institute for Public Safety, Research and Treatment (CIPSRT) – Anonymous online PTSD and anxiety disorder screening tools
Anonymous online PTSD confidential screening tool to direct you to the appropriate supports.
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Ontario Chapter – Tel: 1.866.531.2600
All CMHAs in Ontario work in a variety of partnerships to provide a coordinated, continuum of care using the social determinants of health model.
- Connex Ontario – Tel: 1.866.531.2600
24/7 addiction, mental health and problem gambling treatment services.
- First Responder Assist – Tel: 1.877.767.9642
First Responder Assist provides an inter-professional team dedicated to serving the psychological needs of all Public Safety Personnel/First Responders in the province and offers prevention services, crisis support, and treatment in the form of individual and group therapy. Virtual and in-person supports (through Wounded Warriors venue partners) are available.
- Government of Canada mental health resources for essential service workers during COVID-19
Federal resources surrounding mental health and wellness during COVID-19, self-care and resilience, financial well-being, and more.
- Homewood Health – Tel: 1.800.663.1142
Employee assistance and health care.
- Project Trauma Support
A Canadian program that addresses PTSD and moral injury in military and first responders.
- Recovery Village – Ridgefield – Tel: 1.888.491.5146
Specializing in more than just treating substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Wounded Warriors Canada – Tel: 1.888.706.4808 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To honour and support Canada’s ill and injured Canadian Armed Forces members, veterans, first responders and their families.